查看原文
其他

最发人深思的英文演讲:余生很贵,经不起浪费~

余生很贵,经不起浪费。


下面这个视频,全程不到5分钟,但里面的时间账单,却让很多网友高呼扎心了。人生来来往往,真的没有那么多来日方长。余生很贵,经不起浪费。


https://v.qq.com/txp/iframe/player.html?width=500&height=375&auto=0&vid=z07510e2ss9

演讲稿双语版

When asked “What's the biggest mistake we make in life?” the Buddha replied. ” The biggest mistake is you think you have time.”

当被问及“人生最大的错误是什么”佛祖会这样回答,“最大的错误是你认为你自己有时间。”


Time is free but it’s priceless.

时间是免费的,但也是无价的。


You can’t own it, but you can use it.

你不能拥有它,但你能够使用它。


You can’t keep it but you can spend it.

你不能储存它,但你能花费它。


And once it’s lost, you can never get it back.

一旦它消失了,你就再也拿不回来了。



That average person lives 78 years.

人的一生平均有78年。


We spend 28.3 years of our life sleeping.

我们花28.3年在睡觉上。


That’s almost a third of our life but 30% of us struggle to sleep well.

差不多花了我们三分之一的时间,但同时30%的我们在为睡个好觉而斗争。


We spend 10.5 years of our life working but over 50% of us want to leave our current jobs.

我们花10.5年去工作,但超过50%的人想离开现在的岗位。



Time is more valuable than money.

时间比金钱更有价值。


You can get more money, but you can never get more time.

你会赚更多的钱,却不能赚到更多的时间。


We spend 9 years on TV and social media.

我们在电视和社交媒体上花费了9年的时间。


We spend 6 years doing chores.

花6年的时间在家务上。


We spend 4 years eating and drinking.

四年的时间花在吃吃喝喝上。


We spend 3.5 years in education.

累计消费3.5年在教育上。


We spend 2.5 years grooming.

2.5年花费在打扮上。


We spend 2.5 years shopping.

2.5年花费在购物上。


We spend 1.5 years in child care.

1.5年的时间花费在呵护孩子。


And we spend 1.3 years commuting.

1.3年的时间花费在通勤上。


That leaves us with 9 years.

剩下留给我们的只有9年的时间。


How will we spend that time?

我们将会怎么消费这些时间呢?



Steve Jobs said “your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”

乔布斯说:生命有限,别将它浪费在重复他人的生活上。


So there’s good news and there’s bad news.

所以这有好消息也有坏消息。


That bad news is time flies; the good news is you’re the pilot.

坏消息是时光飞逝,好消息是你是领航者。


Imagine you wake up every day with $86400 in your bank account.

想象一下你每天醒来银行账户中都有86400美元。


And at the end of the night, it’s all gone whether you spent it or not.

一天结束它们都消失了,不管你是否消费它们。


And then the next day you get another $86400.

第二天你的账户又会拥有86400美元。


What would we do with it?

我们将会用它做什么呢?


Every day 86400 seconds are deposited into your life account.

每天86400秒都会存入你的生命账户。


At the end of the day once they’re all used up you get a new 86400 seconds.

一天结束后,第二天你将拥有新的86400秒。



We would never waste it if it was money, so why do we waste it when it comes to time?

如果是钱我们绝不会浪费,那为什么我们要浪费时间呢?


Those seconds are so much more powerful than dollars because you can always make more dollars, you can’t always make more time.

时间比金钱的力量更大,因为你能赚钱却不能赚取时间。


To realize the value of 1 year, ask a student who failed a grade.

想知道一年的价值,要去问考试失利的学生。


To realize the value of 1 month, ask a mother who lost their child in the final month.

想知道一个月的价值,去问在分娩前一月失去孩子的母亲。


 To realize the value of 1 week, ask the editor of an online magazine.

想知道一周的价值,去问在线杂志的编辑们。


To realize the value of 1 hour, ask the couple who’s in a long-distance relationship.

想知道一小时的价值,去问异地恋的情侣们。


To realize the value of 1 minute, ask the person who just missed a bus, train or plane.

想知道一分钟的价值,去问刚刚错过公交和飞机的人。


To realize the value of 1 second, ask the person who just missed an accident.

想知道一秒钟的价值,去问刚刚幸免于难的人。


To realize the value of 1 millisecond, ask the person who just came 2nd at the Olympics.

想知道一毫秒的价值,去问与奥运冠军失之交臂的运动员。



We think it’s people wasting our time but it’s really us giving them the permission to do that.

别人总是浪费我们的时间,其实是我们准许他们这样。


And in reality, these two people live inside us.

现实是,我们体内有两个人。


Don’t let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option.

当你对别人只是选择项时,别将他们排在前面。


Some of us lose the people most important to us because we don’t value their time.

我们失去了很多重要的人,因为我们没有珍惜他们。


Some of us don’t recognize how important someone is to us until they’re gone.

有时直到失去才知道他们有多重要。


Inside all of us are two voices.

我们的内心有两种声音.


one voice that wants to uplift, one voice that wants us to expand, one voice that wants us to grow.

一种声音鼓励我们上进,鼓励我们丰富自己,鼓励我们不断成长.


And then there’s the other voice----The voice that holds us back, the voice that makes us lazy, the voice that makes us complacent. The voice that restricts us from our potential.

还存在另一种声音----这种声音使我们退步,让我们变得懒惰,让我们骄傲自满。这种声音限制了我们的潜能。


Every day from the moment we wake up until the moment we go to sleep, inside of us there’s this battle between the two voices.

每天从醒来到入睡,这两种声音都在斗争。



And guess which one wins?

猜猜谁赢了?


The one that we listen to the most.

我们听得最多的那个声音赢了。


The one that we feed.

我们更喜欢的那个声音。


The one that we amplify.

那个让我们更强的声音。


It is our choice of how we use our time.

我们选择如何使用我们的时间。


Life and time are the best two teachers.

生活和时间是两位最好的老师。


Life teaches us to make good use of time.

生活教会我们更好地使用时间。


And time teaches us the value of the life.

时间教会我们生活的价值。


And as William Shakespeare said,

就像莎士比亚说过的一样,


“Time is very slow for those who want, very fast for those who are scared, very long for those who are sad, and very short for those who celebrate,but for those who love, time is eternal.”

“对想要它的人来说,时间很慢,对害怕它的人来说,时间很快,对悲观的人来说,时间很长,对充满欢愉的人来说,它又很短暂,但对于爱它的人来说,时间即是永恒。”


25句经典英文励志语录


IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,YOU CAN DO IT

敢于梦想,必将成功。


YOU CAN'T BUILD A REPUTATION ON WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO

纸上谈兵的空想,无法为你带来荣耀。


THERE IS NO MAN LIVINGTHAT CAN NOT DO MORE THAN HE THINKS HE CAN

生活中没有人能做的会比他所以为能做的要少。

(意译:人们所能做的,其实远远要比他以为他能做的要多。)


I'VE FAILED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN INMY LIFE,AND THAT IS WHY I SUCCEED

我的生命中不断地经历着一次又一次的失败,这就是我之所以成功的原因。


OUR GREATEST WEAKNESS LIES IN GIVING UP,THE MOST CERTAIN WAY TO SUCCEED IS ALWAYS TO TRY JUST ONE MORE TIME

我们最大的弱点就是放弃,最确定的成功方法总是再试一次

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP

不!绝不!永不放弃!


BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES ARE LIKE BUSES,THERE’S ALWAYS ANOTHER ONE COMING

商机就像公共汽车一样,总会有下一班。


IF SOMETHING IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH ,EVEN IF THE ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU ,YOU SHOULDSTILL DO IT

如若某事(对你来说)足够重要,即使身处逆境,也应坚持不懈。



THERE IS NO SECURITY ON THE EARTH,THERE IS ONLY OPPORTUNITY

世上没有笃定的事,只有永恒的机遇。



I had to make my own living and my own opportunity.But I made it. Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Getup and make them!

我必须自力更生、获得机会,我努力做到了。不要坐等机会的到来,行动起来,创造机会。


GENIUS IS ONE PERCENT INSPIRATION ANDNINETY–NINE PERCENT PERSPIRATION

天才源于1%的灵感加99%的汗水。


THE ONLY WAY OF FINDING THE LIMITS OF THEPOSSIBLE IS BY GOING BEYOND THEM

INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE

突破“可能“的极限的唯一方法,是在不可能中超越它们。


WHATEVER YOU ARE BE A GOOD ONE

无论变成什么,都要选择做一个好人。


THE PROBABILITY THAT WE MAY FAIL IN THE STRUGGLE, OUGHT NOT TO DETER US FROM THE SUPPORT OF A CAUSE WE BELIEVE TO BE JUST.

战斗中我们可能会失败,但这不应该阻止我们支持我们坚信正义的事业。


HOPE IS A WAKING DREAM.

希望是醒着的梦。


YOU MAY BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU FAIL, BUT YOU ARE DOOMED IF YOU DON’T TRY

失败了也许会失望,但不未尝试则必将败亡。


PERSISTENCE IS VERY IMPORTANT, YOU SHOULD NOT GIVE UP UNLESS YOU ARE FORCED TO GIVE UP

坚持不懈,至关重要。除非被迫放弃,否则绝不言弃。


PEOPLE OFTEN SAY THAT MOTIVATION DOESN’TLAST, WELL,NEITHER DOES BATHING,THAT’S WHY WE RECOMMEND IT DAILY

人们常说,激励不能持久。可是,洗澡也是如此。这就是我们需要每天自我激励的原因。


THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT DAYS IN YOUR LIFE ARETHE DAY YOU ARE BORN AND THE DAY YOU FIND OUT WHY

人的一生中最重要的两天,是你出生的那一天,以及你弄清自己为何而生的那一天。


OUR LIVES BEGIN TO END THE DAY WE BECOMESILENT ABOUT THINGS THAT MATTER

连对在乎的事情都变得沉默时,我们的人生也就走到了尽头。


AND WHEN YOU WANT SOMETHING, ALL THEUNIVERSE CONSPIRES IN HELPING YOU TO ACHIEVE IT

当你想做成一件事的时候,全世界都会来帮你达成。


THE ONLY PERSON YOU ARE DESTINED TO BECOMEIS THE PERSON YOU DECIDE TO BE

你命中注定要成为什么样的人,在于你决定成为什么样的人。


IT'S NOT WHETHER YOU GET KNOCKED DOWN, IT'SWHETHER YOU GET UP

重要的不是你是否会被打倒,而是你能否站起来。


IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT

敢于梦想,必有所成。


IT’S NOT THE YEARS IN YOUR LIFE THAT COUNT,IT’S THE LIFE IN YOUR YEARS

重要的不是你活了多久,而是怎么活


▼往期精彩回顾▼19岁王俊凯联合国环境大会全英文演讲,口语跟人一样帅!
《生活大爆炸》第1-11季视频免费领,中英字幕(含剧本)
“华尔街黑珍珠”超具感染力的英文演讲:如果能遇到25岁的自己!
2019马云达沃斯最新英文演讲(60分钟完整视频)
4位英国男神读同一首诗,超好听的英音大集合!
BBC纪录片:《英国史》全15集
史上最经典的10部英文励志电影及经典台词!Top1你看过吗?
20本这一生一定要读的英文小说~
“不老女神”张曼玉英文专访,收藏级!
哈佛300多年唯一的女校长毕业演讲:真正的聪明人,最懂得犯错!
吴亦凡读经典英文诗,开口第一句就醉了!
杨澜经典TED英语演讲视频:重塑中国的一代人
50分钟的美式英语读音视频教程,收藏学习!
10部适合练习英语听力和口语的英文大片,收藏慢慢看!
超励志英文演讲:你的今天,取决于你过去所做的一切
全世界刷屏!奥巴马首部纪录片《美国工厂》火了!(附完整视频)

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存